Little Polar Bear
By Hans de Beer
My first grade teacher actually gave me this book while I was in her class a long time ago. Little Polar Bear is the first series of books I can remember reading, and I absolutely loved it. I couldn't wait to go with Lars, the little polar bear, on all of his adventures and meet new characters from different walks of life throughout the series. It's a great book choice for kids because they have a handful more to choose from if they enjoy the first one, which would hopefully allow them to enjoy reading as a consistent hobby.
Lars, who lives in the North Pole with his mother and father, has only ever been exposed to the icey, whiteness atmosphere that surrounds him. He has only ever seen white animals such as himself and does not know much of anything about the differences that exist in the other parts of the world. Little Polar Bear educates kids on learning about and accepting others for their differences, all while taking young readers on a wild adventure.
A few of the other Little Polar Bear books by Hans de Beer:
Ahoy There, Little Polar Bear
Little Polar Bear Finds a Friend
Little Polar Bear and the Husky Pup
-A


No comments:
Post a Comment